A plan that assures financial Support through the ups and downs of life. You never know what life holds for you. An accident can come uninvited and leave you, and your family with an uncertain future. But you can take charge of your family’s financial health by making smart decisions to protect yourself and your loved ones. Presenting, ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care. A plan that assures financial support and provides a safety cushion for a better tomorrow.
Our Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care plan helps fill a potential gap in the coverage of unexpected expenses arising from death or serious injury caused by an accident, that may not be satisfied by individual insurance plans such as life, disability, health or workers’ compensation. This coverage provides complete protection, on and off the job, including death, disability, loss of job and financial protection.
ManipalCigna Health insurance is a joint venture between the Manipal Group, a eminent player in the field of healthcare delivery and higher education in India and Cigna Corporation, a global health services company with over 200 years of experience. At ManipalCigna our mission is to improve the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. As your partner in illness and wellness, we offer a full suite of health insurance products and services to meet your individual needs. Our wide network of healthcare facilities supports you to ensure your physical, emotional and financial well-being. We are committed to offering you an easy and lifetime access to quality healthcare so you can live a healthier and more secure life.
ACCIDENT CARE BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
• Accidental Death: We will pay 100% of Sum Insured in case of an accidental death. However, if death occurs while travelling as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier, we’ll pay 200% of the Sum Insured.
• Permanent Total Disablement: We will pay 100% of the Sum Insured in case of permanent total disability due to an accident. If permanent disability occurs while travelling as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier 200% of Sum Insured will be paid.
• Permanent Partial Disablement: We will pay a fixed percentage of the Sum Insured up to 100% as per the nature of disability.
• Emergency Ambulance Cover: We will pay a lump sum amount (a maximum up to `10,000 basis Sum Insured selected) for transportation expenses on emergency ambulance services.
• Orphan Benefit: We understand the financial turmoil the family may encounter in case of accidental death of the parents. We will pay an amount equal to the Sum Insured towards the dependent child as orphan benefit.
• Loss of Employment: We want you to be financially independent even in case of a permanent total or partial disablement due to an accident. We will pay basic monthly income for 3 months basis your last salary slip or income tax return as applicable.
• Funeral Expenses: We will make a one-time payment of `5000 for Sum Insured up to 50 lacs, and `10,000 for Sum Insured above 50 lacs towards funeral or cremation expenses.
• Education Fund : We want your child’s education to go on unaffected even in your absence or in case of permanent disability. We will make a one-time payment equal to 10% of Sum Insured per surviving dependent child for a maximum of 2 children subject to a maximum limit of `10 lacs per policy.
• Temporary Total Disablement: We will pay a weekly benefit for 1 % of Sum Insured (following an accident), subject to a maximum of `25,000 per week up to 100 weeks.
• Burns Benefit: On suffering from accidental burns we will pay the fixed percentage of Sum Insured ranging from 10% to 100% depending on the degree of burns.
• Broken Bones Benefit: A lump sum payment will be made as per policy terms in the event of a fracture of bones due to an accident (excludes hair line fracture).
• Coma Benefit: We will pay 25% of the Sum Insured as lump sum in the event of an insured moving into a comatose state due to an accident.
KEY POLICY FEATURES
- Minimum Sum Insured is `50,000 to a maximum of `10 crores.*
- Minimum entry age is 5 years for children and 18 years for adults. Maximum age at entry is 25 years for children and 80 years for adults. Persons above 70 years may be required to undergo medical examination.
- Coverage is available on individual and family basis. You can cover self, spouse, dependent children, dependent parents, dependent siblings and parents-in-law.
- Policy is available for one, two and three years. Premium to be paid either by single premium mode or annually in case of 2 and 3 years policy term.
*Eligible Sum Insured & Coverage
The maximum Sum Insured for a proposer or an earning member is 10 times that of the annual income.
For non-earning spouse the Sum Insured is limited to 60% of Sum Insured of an earning member.
For dependant parents, in-laws, brothers, siblings and children, Sum Insured is limited to 30% of Sum Insured of earning member.
- Non-earning dependents will not be eligible for coverage under Temporary Total Disablement and Loss of Employment.
- Coverage for persons above 70 years will be limited to Accidental Death & Permanent Total Disability only.
- Family Discount of 10% is available if more than two members are covered under the same policy.
- Long-Term Discount of 7.5% and 10% is available on selecting a 2 and 3 year single premium policy respectively
GRACE PERIOD, REVIVAL & RENEWAL TERMS
A grace period of 30 days is available for renewal of single premium policy and a revival period of 15 days for annual installment premium policy. The policy is renewable for lifetime.
Alteration in Sum Insured, change in plan and addition/deletion of insured person will be allowed at the time of renewal subject to underwriting.
You can port your existing Personal Accident Insurance Policy to a Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care policy provided you are covered under an Indian Health Retail Policy from a non-life insurance company.
There is a period of 15 days during which you can cancel the policy with full refund provided no claim is paid or outstanding.
You can place a request for cancellation any time within the policy period. Premium will be refunded on short period basis.
WE WOULD LIKE TO BE AS TRANSPARENT AS POSSIBLE; HERE ARE SOME OF THE KEY EXCLUSIONS UNDER THE POLICY.
- Any pre-existing condition or disability arising out of pre-existing diseases
- Suicide, intentional self-injury, acts of self-destruction
- HIV/AIDS and its complications
- Hazardous activities
- All claims for Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care must be intimated within 10 days of occurrence of the event.
- Submit the duly filled and signed claim form along with the documents mentioned in the claim form within 30 days of occurrence of the event at any of our branches or head office.
- For any claims related query, information or assistance you can contact our Health line 1-800-102-4462 or visit our website www.www.manipalcigna.com or email us at email@example.com
- Please refer to the Policy wordings for complete process on claims and documents to be submitted.
All payments under the policy will be made on benefit basis.
KEY PILLARS UNDERLYING OUR SERVICES:
- Claims Handling: You can rely on our claims service associate for an easy, efficient and hassle-free claims experience.
- Personalized Services: To ensure a personalized service experience, you will have a single point of contact to address your concerns, when you need us the most.
- Reliable Information: Our 24/7 in-house health relationship managers and friendly customer website provide instant access to health care knowledge and personalized policy information.
Download Product Leaflet