ITGI's Trade Protector Insurance Policy is a complete protection plan for your trade and business.
Your trade or business on which so much of your time and money have been spent to build up is constantly exposed to various kinds of risks. Some unfortunate occurrence might bring a huge financial burden to your business and to you. Although you cannot guard your business from all possible risks, you can take steps to help tide over such unexpected events.
ITGI's Trade Protector Policy is just the right kind of Policy to product protection against these uncertainties.
A Complete Protector
Our Trade Protector Policy gives complete protection to your business against a wide range of risks and perils. By opting for this single package Policy, you will be covered against almost all risks that you may normally encounter while carrying out your trade.
This Policy has 12 Sections which provide comprehensive protection for your office assets, interest, liability as well as for your personal self, your directors, partners and employees. The section are:
- Fire and Allied Perils (Section 1)
In this Section, your buildings, stocks, furniture, fixtures, fittings, interior decorations and other contents are covered against fire, explosion, bursting / overflowing of water tanks, riots, strikes, malicious damage, earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslide etc.
At no extra charge, we also cover
On payment of additional premium, we cover
- Burglary and other Perils (Section 2)
This Section covers the same properties as in Secton 1 against housebreaking, burglary, robbery or dacoity along with impact damage by falling trees / electric poles / lamps post, breakage or collapse of television or radio aerials / satellite dishes and damage by civic authorities in prevention of fire.
At no extra charge, we also cover
On payment of additional premium, we cover
- Money and Fidelity Guarantee (Section 3 A /B)
This Section covers loss of money in premises due to hold up, housebreaking, robbery, dacoity or in train. Due to accident or misfortune etc. at no extra cost, we also cover loss or damage or safe, strong room, steel almirahs as well as case, bag etc. used for carriage of money.
This Section also covers direct pecuniary losses caused to you by any act of fraud or dishonesty committed by your employees.
- Fixed Glass and Sanitary Fitings (Section 4)
This Section covers accidental breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fittings in your premises including cost of frames, lettering / printing / embossing etc. and also accidental damages to goods incidental to your business caused by such breakage.
- Electronic Equipment (Section 5)
This Section covers loss or damage to electronic equipment like computers, fax machines, accessories, including data carrying material which are installed in your premises.
This Section also covers cost of reinstating such electronic data on data carrying material and software upto the limits specified by you.
- Television / Video Equipment and Portable computer / Mobile phone (Section 6A/B)
This Section covers loss or damage to your television / video equipment installed in your premises and to your portable computer, mobile phone and electronic diary anywhere in the world.
- All Risks (Section 6C)
This Section covers items such as neon and illuminated signs, hoardings installed on premises and other trade equipment any where in India against fire, riot, burglary and any other accidental loss or damage not specifically excluded.
- Breakdown of Electrical / Mechanical Appliances (Section 7A)
This Section covers sudden and unforeseen electrical or mechanical breakdown of electrical or mechanical appliances upto 7 years of age contained in your premises.
- Deterioration of Refrigerated Goods (Section 7B)
This Section covers damage to refrigerated goods by deterioration or putrefaction due to variation in temperature resulting from sudden electrical / mechanical breakdown of the refrigeration unit or from accidental escape of the refrigerant gases.
- Personal Accident (Section 8)
This Section covers you and other named persons connected with your business against accidental bodily injury leading to disablement (either permanent or temporary) or death, along with free additional benefit such as damage to clothing, dead body carriage cost, ambulance charges, loss of employment benefit, education fund for children, and rehabilitation cost for insured person to adjust to injuries as well as modification cost of house or vehicle following such injuries.
- Business Interruption (Section 9)
This Section covers you for loss of your gross trading profit including increased cost of working due to damage to insured property caused by perils covered under Section 1 which results in an interruption to your business.
- Baggage (Section 10)
This Section covers loss or damage by accident or misfortunate to baggage belonging to you or your employees being carried on a journey anywhere in the world in connection with your business.
- Liability (Section 11 A/B)
This Section covers you against liability to general public for accidental death, bodily injury or property damage including liability as a result of accusation of shoplifting, theft, dishonesty resulting into their wrongful detention or false imprisonment, as well as liability to your employees for any injury or death arising out of and in course of employment with you under the Workmen's Compensation Act etc.
- Goods in Transit (Section 12)
This Section covers damage to goods due to fire, lightning, breakage of bridges, collision, derailment, strike, riot, theft and / or non-delivery of entire package, robbery, dacoity etc. whilst in transit in connection with your trade or business.
What important things you must bear in mind
- A minimum of 5 out of the 12 Sections have to be covered.
- There is a provision for premium discount if 6 or more Sections are covered by you.
- In respect to Sections 1,2,4,5,6 and 7, the insurance is on Reinstatement value basis (i.e. new for old) for which the Sum insured should represent value of new property including freight, duties etc. This does not apply only to "Other Contents" of Section 1 and 2.
- Apart from a few sub limits on specific items, there are no maximum limits specified for Sum Insured under any Section of the Policy.
- In case at the time of damage, the value of the property is greater than the Sum Insured opted by you, then the claim would be paid in the same proportion. This is applicable to Sections 1, 2, 4, 5 6 and 7.
When will the Policy not pay?
Some of the important Exclusions under the Policy are as follows:
- Damage as a consequence of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution etc.
- Any damage due to confiscation, commandeering, requisition or destruction by order of any government or lawfully constituted authority.
- Any damage directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity.
- Depreciation and damage caused by wear and tear or gradual deterioration.
- Damage to property and contents due to pollution of any kind.
Besides these, there are some other Exclusions that are specific to particular Sections of the Policy.
Who can apply for this Policy?
This Policy is suitable for shop, retail agencies, dealers, restaurants, hair dressers, boutiques, beauty parlours, laundries, video game parlours, hotels, guest houses or any other business establishments who want to take comprehensive insurance protection under one package Policy.
Easy Claim Process
In case of any accident leading to a claim under the Policy, please ensure your safety as well as that of your property and then inform our nearest Office or our Customer Care Centre at 1800-103-5499 (toll free). We will guide you through our simple claim settlement process.
IFFCO-TOKIO GENERAL INSURANCE CO. LTD (ITGI) is a joint venture between IFFCO and The Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co. Ltd, Japan. After getting the license on 4th December 2000, we started our operations and within a short period, we have become one of the leading private General Insurance Companies in India.
At ITGI, we are fully committed to providing insurance products and services to you in a convenient and satisfying manner. Our Policies have been designed to provide you with more than just a healing touch in those unfortunate yet unavoidable circumstances of life. Our personalized service, customized covers and a wide array of non-life insurance products – from motor to travel, from household to personal accident, will give you complete peace of mind. We have made every effort to make our policies and procedures simple, transparent and customer friendly to give you "Muskurate Raho" feelilng.