Kotak Burglary Secure
Setting up a profitable business takes years of hard work and dedication. One theft in your business premises or industrial unit can cause a significant financial stress and loss. It is therefore important to safeguard your business from such unforeseen events which can impact your business. Kotak Burglary Secure, a comprehensive burglary insurance policy keeps your business property protected from financial losses arising out of such unforeseen events and offers you the peace of mind you deserve. After all, we understand that bigger aspirations need better protection.
Scope of Cover
- Loss, destruction or damage to property by Burglary or Housebreaking or Hold-up
- Injury during Burglary and/or Housebreaking
- Permanent Total Disablement (PTD)
- Loss of Clothing and Personal Effects
- Loss of Money Stolen
- Loss or damage to insured property arising out of theft
- Loss, damage or destruction of insured property due to Riot, Strike and Malicious act
- Loss or damage by fire or explosion
- Loss or damage where any inmate or member of the Insured’s household or of his business staff or any other person lawfully in the premises is concerned in the actual theft of or damage to any of the articles or premises or where such loss or damage has been expedited or in any way assisted or brought about by any such person or persons.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear or gradual deterioration.
- Loss or damage occasioned by loot, sack, spillage or pilferage.
- Unexplained losses, shortages due to error or omissions, losses discovered when making an inventory or a periodic stock taking or loss resulting from the Insured's voluntarily parting with title or possession of any property or induced to do so by deception.
- Theft or attempted theft from yards, gardens, open spaces or out-buildings unless the contents there of are specifically insured by the Policy.
- Consequential loss or damage or legal liability of any kind.
- Loss or damage which either in origin or extent or directly or indirectly proximately or remotely, occasioned by or contributed to by or which either in origin or extent directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely, arise out of or in connection with earthquake, volcanic eruption, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone, or other convulsion of nature or atmosphere disturbance, or war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or not), mutiny, riot & strike, civil commotion, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, conspiracy, military naval or usurped power, martial law or state of siege or any of the events or cause which determine the proclamation or maintenance of martial law or state of siege.
- Any loss or damage happening during the existence of abnormal conditions (whether physical or otherwise), directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely, occasioned by or contributed to by or arising out of or in connection with any of the said occurrences shall be deemed to be loss or damage which is not covered by this insurance, except to the extent that the Insured shall prove that such loss or damage happened independently or the existence of such abnormal conditions. In any action, suit or other proceedings, where the Company alleges that by reason of the provisions of this condition any loss or damage is not covered by this insurance, the burden of proving the contrary shall be upon the Insured.
- Damage cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any act of terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss. For the purpose of this exclusion an act of terrorism means an act, including but not limited to the use of force or violence and / or the threat thereof, of any person or group(s) of persons whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organization(s) or government(s), committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purpose including the intention to influence any government and/or to put the public, or any section of the public in fear. This also excludes loss, damage, cost or expenses of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to action taken in respect of any act of terrorism. If the Company alleges that by reason of this Exclusion, any loss, damage, cost or expenses is not covered by this insurance the burden of proving the contrary shall be upon the Insured.
- Loss or damage directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel nor any consequential loss and for the purpose of this exception combustion shall include any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission directly or indirectly caused by or contribution to by or arising from nuclear weapons material.
- Permanent or temporary dispossession resulting from confiscation, commandeering or requisition by any lawfully constituted authority.
- For the amount of the Excess specified in the Schedule ascertained after the application of all other terms and conditions of this Policy including any condition of average (under-insurance)
- The Policy shall cease to attach –
a) If the premises shall have been left uninhabited by day and night for seven or more consecutive days and nights.
b) If the Insured shall cause or suffer any material alteration to be made in the premises or anything to be done whereby the risk is increased; change or relax any of the safeguards for securing the premises.
c) To any property insured which shall be removed from the premises in which it is herein stated to be safe so far as is expressly provided for in the Policy or these conditions.
d) To any property the interest of the Insured which shall pass from the Insured otherwise than by will or operation of law; unless in every case the consent of the Company to the continuance of the insurance thereon is obtained and signified by a memorandum made on the Policy by or on behalf of the Company.
To register a claim, please call our Toll-free help line on 1800 266 4545 at the earliest with the details of the nature of loss, location of loss, amount of loss (approx. estimation) and policy number for reference.
Once we receive full and final documentation, we will settle the claim based on the merits of the case. We assure you of our best services.
Please refer to the policy wordings available on our website for complete details.
The advertisement contains only an indication of covers offered. For more details on risk factors, terms, conditions and exclusions, please read the policy document carefully before concluding a sale. Taxes will be charged extra as per the applicable rates. Trade logo displayed above belongs to Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. and is used by Kotak General Insurance Company Ltd. under license.
Kotak Burglary Secure UIN: IRDAN152P0007V01201617. Advt. Ref. No. KGI/16-17/II/P-BC/91.
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd. (Formerly Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Ltd.)
CIN: U66000MH2014PLC260291. IRDAI Reg. No. 152.
Registered Office: 27 BKC, C 27, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai – 4000051. Maharashtra,