It has taken a lot of hard work, time and resources to build up your assets, commercial or private, upto this stage. But the future is uncertain and misfortunes have a way of striking at the most unexpected of times and places. You cannot predict the future but you can definitely buy protection against such uncertainties.
ITGI's Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance Policy offers you this protection for your assets.
ITGIs Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance Policy grants complete protection to your valuable property and assets against a wide variety of risks like fire, impact damage, explosion, storm etc.
Our Policy provides protection against loss of or damage to insured property due to
- Explosion/Implosion (other than boilers/economizers etc. where steam is generated resulting from their own explosion/implosion or caused by centrifugal forces – as these can be covered under the Boiler and Pressure Plant Policy)
- Aircraft Damage
- Riot, Strike and Malicious Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Impact Damage by rail/road vehicle and animal
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rockslide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus and pipes
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from automatic sprinkler installations
- Bush fire
What extra benefits can be covered ?
At an extra premium, you can cover the following costs/risks which you are likely to encounter in respect of your property
- Architects', Surveyors' and Consulting Engineers' fees
- Omission to insure additions, alternations or extensions
- Debris removal
- Deterioration of stocks in cold storage premises due to power failure following damage due to an insured peril
- Spontaneous combustion
- Forest fire
- Impact Damage caused by own vehicle
- Earthquake fire and shock
- Spoilage material damage
- Leakage and contamination cover
- Temporary removal of stocks
- Loss of rent if you are a landlord and/or additional expenses of rent for alternative accommodation whether you are a landlord or a tenant
- Start up expenses following damage by insured peril
- Terrorism damage (upto specified limits)
What will be the level of Coverage ?
The Policy can be opted for Sum Insured on either Market Value (i.e. new replacement cost less depreciation for wear and tear and use) or Reinstatement Value basis. In Reinstatement Value basis cover, you can opt for Local Authority Clause for covering additional costs to comply with regulations affecting immovable property.
It is also necessary to keep the Sum Insured on building, machinery etc. at right levels and for this there is a provision of Escalation Clause whereby the Sum Insured can be indexed against inflation at a specific percentage chosen by you, on payment of necessary additional premium.
In respect of stocks, you can opt for various alternative Clauses to take care of your fluctuating stocks at one place or at different places and also for seasonal variations of stocks by way of Floater Policy, Declaration Policy of Floater Declaration Policy which considerably reduces your premium outgo while providing full protection level.
When will Policy not pay ?
Some of the important Exclusions under the Policy are as listed below :
- 5% of each claim subject to minimum Rs. 10,000/- due to operation of Lightning, Subsidence & Landslide, Earthquake Fire & Shock, Storm/Tempest/Flood/Inundation etc and a flat Rs. 10,000/- for other claims under this Policy.
- War and warlike operations.
- Loss, destruction or damage due to ionizing radiations, radioactivity, pollution, contamination etc.
- Loss, destruction or damage to Bullion, unset precious stones, curios, works of art for any amount in excess of Rs. 10,000/- unless specifically covered.
- Loss, destruction or damage to stocks in cold storage caused by change of temperature.
- Any consequential loss
- Loss or damage to electrical machines due to overrunning, excessive pressure, shortcircuiting, leakage of electricity etc.
Who can apply for Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance?
This Policy is specially meant for those individuals or corporate who own fixed properties such as buildings, plant and machinery, stocks or private dwellings including contents of households, shops, warehouses etc. for which a comprehensive insurance protection is required.
Easy Claim Process
In case of any accident leading to a claim under this Policy, please contact our nearest Office or our Customer Care Center at 1800-345-3303 (toll free). We will guide you through our simple claim settlement process.
About ITGI :
IFFCO-TOKIO GENERAL INSURANCE CO. LTD (ITGI) is a joint venture between IFFCO and The Tokio Marine and Fire Insurance Co. Ltd, Japan. After getting the license on 4th December 2000, we started our operations and within a short period, we have become one of the leading private General Insurance Companies in India.
At ITGI, we are fully committed to providing insurance products and services to you in a convenient and satisfying manner. Our Policies have been designed to provide you with more than just a healing touch in those unfortunate yet unavoidable circumstances of life. Our personalized service, customized covers and a wide array of non-life insurance products – from motor to travel, from household to personal accident, will give you complete peace of mind. We have made every effort to make our policies and procedures simple, transparent and customer friendly to give you The Life You Deserve.